Los Angeles, CA
About Sollis Health
Founded in 2016, Sollis is a healthcare services business that is revolutionizing emergency medicine and urgent care. Our 24/7 concierge medical centers can handle acute medical emergencies, advanced imaging needs and simple complaints all in a single location with no wait, so patients receive the smart, simple and stress-free care they deserve. Our flagship center is on the Upper East Side of Manhattan, with a second center in Tribeca and a Hamptons service that runs during the summer.
We now serve over 2,000 members and have an extraordinarily high renewal rate, because we treat everyone like family and go the extra mile in an often inefficient industry. We are a fast-growing, VC-backed organization that is rapidly expanding across the country. We are looking for energetic and passionate self-starters who are excited about healthcare and want to raise the standards for excellent emergency and urgent care.
Sollis is expanding into the LA market and will be establishing our first medical center in Beverly Hills. We are looking for a conscientious, energetic, operations leader to build out our Los Angeles medical practice from scratch, in the role of Practice Director.
This is a highly cross-functional role that will oversee all operations in the LA practice and work closely with the heads of many other departments, both in LA and HQ. Strong project management and exceptional organizational skills are critical, along with some experience running medical clinics, physician practices, or hospital divisions.
Specifically, your duties will include:
- Hiring & team building – Work closely with the Medial Director to hire and build out a medical team of doctors, PA, Nurses and X-ray Technicians/MA to serve our patient base. Over time, you will also hire a team of operations staff beneath you role to support your many duties.
- Owning the clinical schedule – Create a clinical provider schedule to ensure that our patients can access medical services 24/7/365 (plus housecalls), while also expanding coverage as the business grows and membership levels ramp over time.
- Facility management – Our new clinic space is in partnership with SimonMed. Develop an excellent relationship with them, and ensure that our facilities within the space are correctly built out and refurbished as needed ( working with a 3rd party contractor and designer). Once up and running, ensure the practice is always spotlessly clean and comfortable for our high-end patients.
- Training – Working in conjunction with HQ, onboard all new hires into the practice, ensuring all licenses, credentials, contracts and background checks are correctly executed and stored. Once in-seat, ensure ongoing medical training sessions keep clinicians compliant with Sollis medical process and procedures. This element of the role will involve working closely with the Medical Director and Sollis HQ.
- Inventory management – Ensure the clinic is always fully stocked with the necessary medical equipment and supplies, employing an Inventory Manager beneath you in time.
- HR – Serve as the de facto HR department for staff. Listen to complaints and feedback, and resolve staff HR issues with support from HQ, which has many corporate level policies already in place.
- Legal and Compliance – Working in conjunction with HQ and our legal team, put all legal requirements in place to ensure we are fully compliant with CA state law (track medical licenses, local NPI, etc)
- Billing and payments – Create a billing and revenue reconcile process for both membership fees and medical services, and pay all bills correctly and on time. You will be supported by Sollis HQ and the company’s Billing Manager, and will be able to lean heavily on the processes and procedures already in place.
- Build the practice, then manage it day to day – This is a job that will evolve over time. Since we are building the practice from scratch, at first the role will center around clinic creation – setting up a new clinical space, hiring the medical and operations team, getting all policies and procedures in place, and ensuring excellent communication among the teams and departments. Over 12-24 months as the practice grows and stabilizes, the role will transition into day to day management, with a focus on ensuring the smooth functioning of every dept and clinician in your purview. The ideal candidate will be able to excel during both phases of the business, and will shape the practice’s evolution from startup to steady state.
To be successful in this role, candidates will demonstrate the following:
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills. This role has perhaps the broadest oversight of any role within the practice, so applicants must be able to juggle multiple projects at once without dropping balls.
- Excellent attention to detail and a conscientious personality type
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work cross-functionally among departments and teams
- Strong technical and systems skills – ability to manage payroll systems, performance management software, compliance databases, and simple financial models.
- Ownership and accountability – a “buck stops here” attitude, happy to take ownership for projects and problems and make sure they are executed to the highest standards
- Strong interpersonal skills and high emotional EQ – ability to listen to staff and act as their advocate when needed
- Career-oriented individual, searching for unlimited opportunities
- Ability to think and work independently, effectively, and efficiently as if running your own business
- Ambitious, strong work ethic, and open to new ideas
We believe extraordinary people come from a variety of backgrounds, but ideally we would expect that you:
- Are a rising star, looking for a challenging opportunity to build the operations of a growing business.
- Have previously operated a services business, ideally within the healthcare sector.
- Have a passion for engineering a business, with a library of operational tools from your previous experience.
- Experience running a doctor’s office, concierge physician office, medical dept or hospital division preferred
- Understanding of the concierge medical space preferred
Comp & Benefits:
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Company stock options
- Excellent benefits, including healthcare, dental, vision, 401K with matching & more
- 15 days PTO + federal holidays
- Dedicated, motivated team and chance to be part of a highly ambitious medical startup
- Modern, elegant and high-end work environment
- Flexible schedule
- Free Sollis membership for you and your family
- Full-time role in Beverly Hills
- Location: 155 N San Vicente Blvd, Beverly Hills, CA 90211
- Reporting to: COO
- Desired start date: April 1, 2020
To apply, please send a resume and cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org.