So you couldn’t stay put for the holidays — although we encourage you to not travel for the foreseeable future, we understand that some of you may have to.
Here are some easy tips and tricks to ensure that you remain Covid free as your travel this holiday season:
Get into Gear:
- If, indeed, you are traveling, consider doing it by car where you have more control over your environment.
What do do in an Airport:
- Keep your travel documents as organized as possible and within reach so you don’t have to try and find them.
- Bring clean fabric masks or new disposable masks and wear one throughout the airport at all times.
- Wear a few layers of gloves and peel them off as you go through the airport. Remove one pair after security, another after boarding and finally when you arrive at your seat.
- When you encounter busy, high-touch areas, wash your hands with soap or sanitize your hands with hand sanitizer that is at least 60% alcohol.
- At the gate, spread out and social distance prior to boarding.
What to do on a plane:
- Wear your mask the entire flight.
- Wear a face shield, a pair of sunglasses or blue-light glasses to protect your eyes during the flight. This may also discourage you from touching your eyes and face.
- Bring hand sanitizer (at least 60% alcohol) and disinfecting wipes (at least 70% alcohol) for use in the airplane bathroom in case there is no soap and for use before eating and drinking.
- Though the plane should be clean and sanitized, wipe down your area and seat with a disinfectant wipe before sitting down.
- Bring your own headphones.
- Bring your own travel blanket, scarf or pillow.
- Use lip balm to keep your lips moist.
- Drink water—stay hydrated.
- Limit alcohol use so you remain as alert as possible.